Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Guns to babes

A while back when I used to fix people's computers, after I would fix one of them, I would make it the most powerful computer around. I would give it everything. The ability to download large files quickly, burn CD's DVD's ISO's the ability to edit music and sound and incorporate it into video. They could transfer files, browse the web without ads, etc. The problem arose though, that now I gave them something that they had no idea how to maintain or use. I would then constantly get questions about what they are doing. I love helping people, but it would become like many many people every day. I realized, that if they didn't even know of the programs, just dumping more on their computer doesn't really help them. Now, I may give them one program, but not everything all at once. How many times do people do that with Christianity? How many times are new Christians taught deep theological concepts when they have done nothing since salvation to strengthen their real understanding of the faith? A person being taught difficult things about the faith that has no works is like a computer being filled with a multitude of useful programs without anyone who knows what they are doing enough to utilize them, and filling that person will just make that person always reliant on you instead of Christ.

1 comment:

Judy said...

WOW. Good analogy.